How to move docker for windows image locations

My C drive is running out of space (I’m running Windows in Parallels). How can I put my image files onto a network drive.

I’ve read posts about using Hyper-V Manager to move the VM but it seems to be for the Linux containers and I’m interested in the storage location of my windows containers. These seem to be in C:/ProgramData/Docker. How can I change the location to my Y: network drive?

This setting is not available in Docker for Windows yet for Windows containers, but we’re working on it. Alternatively, you can uninstall Docker for Windows and run the Windows daemon manually: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/windowscontainers/quick-start/quick-start-windows-10

Pass the -g option when running dockerd --register-service to specify a different graph driver storage location

There is already an issue filed with an acknowledged feature request for the Docker for Windows UI here:

If you follow links and comments in there it looks like the underlying docker daemon already supports moving via e.g. setting "graph": "Y:\\ProgramData\\Docker" in C:\ProgramData\Docker\config\daemon.json. Note the info on moving images safely:

If you want to move already downloaded images, the safest option is probably to docker save them, then change the daemon option, then run docker load. Or you can just download them anew.

Edit: Duh, looks like @friism beat me to it, probably with a more correct answer

Does this solution works with docker toolbox ?
I can’t find “C:\ProgramData\Docker\config\daemon.json”