Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Issue in Installing Docker in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

While trying to install docker in my Windows 10 pro 64 - bit system I am getting the following error:

Unable to create: The execution of the command has stopped because the preference variable “ErrorActionPreference” or the current parameter has the value Stop: Hyper-V has not found any virtual switch with the name “DockerNAT”. to New-Switch, : line 121 at , : line 411 at Docker.Core.Pipe.NamedPipeClient.Send (Action String, Object [] parameters) in C: \ workspaces \ stable-18.09.x \ src \ github .com \ docker \ pinata \ win \ src \ Docker.Core \ pipe \ NamedPipeClient.cs: line 36 at Docker.Actions.DoStart (SynchronizationContext syncCtx, Boolean showWelcomeWindow, Boolean executeAfterStartCleanup) in C: \ workspaces \ stable-18.09.x \ src \ github.com \ docker \ pinata \ win \ src \ Docker.Windows \ Actions.cs: line 92 at Docker.Actions. <> c__DisplayClass19_0. b__0 () in C: \ workspaces \ stable-18.09.x \ src \ github .com \ docker \ pinata \ win \ src \ Docker.Windows \ Actions.cs: line 74 at Docker.WPF.TaskQueue. <> c__DisplayClass19_0. <. ctor> b__1 () in C: \ workspaces \ stable-18.09.x \ src \ github .com \ docker \ pinata \ win \ src \ Docker.WPF \ TaskQueue. cs: line 59

I have tried looking into the logs, but what I found is it’s not able to create the virtual switch for Hyper-V. I have tried the following steps:

• I have tried to create the virtual switch “DockerNAT” manually
  • I have reinstalled Hyper-V
  • Tried disabling Hyper-V and installed Oracle VM box and tried to do it with it.
  • Tried to disable firewall but still doesn’t work
  • Tried to disable Wi-fi.

Have anyone faced any similar issues. ?