Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Kitematic fails to start

(Jarrodmartin) #1

I’ve just installed the latest Docker Toolbox (DockerToolbox-1.11.2) and since installing it my Kitematic has failed to start with the following error

Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND docker.local docker.local:2375

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Alvancamp) #2

I have the same issue. I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall Docker Toolbox several times, as well as restart my computer. The issue persists.

(Fr93274) #3

Me too, this is the first time I have ever tried to install Docker. Is this a normal issue? I’m on windows 10 64bit

(ES) #4

For me too. Started after upgrading to latest docker toolbox 1.11.2. Win10 64 bit.
Note - after getting this failure it offers to use virtual box which then restarts kitematic, and then it works OK. What causes this issue?

(Pgtelus) #5

me as well … restarting using virtualbox makes no difference

(A3zzat) #6

same issue as well

seems like a new bug

(Srenou) #7

I suspect this comes from the attempt to migrate to the new Windows native implementation model for docker without VirtualBox. I also see that behavior, but when selecting use VirtualBox at the end, Kitematic starts smoothly.
So I suspect the default expectations of Kitematic are now that it should run with the native implementation which is still in Beta.

(Toregard) #9

Go to settings and Shared Drives and pick a local drive to be available to your container. Then reset. Worked for me…

Tore Gard

(Byflora) #10

I installed docker version 1.11.2, on Win8.1 (i don’t to upgrade Win10)
Then when i launch Kitematic, I’ve got:
Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND docker.local docker.local:2375

Do someone get an idea to solve that?
Thanks

(Toregard) #11

I’ve cloned my C disk to be a SSD disk. Reinstalling Docker and Kitematic gave me the same problem.

(Callenb) #12

@srenou It looks like you are right about Kitematic’s expectations. See issue 1754 on Kitematic Github.

I would paste a link to the issue but the forum counts it as more than two and being new, I’m only allowed 2.

(Councharles) #13

please include the environment path of Docker Terminal on your windows computer. Like this PATH for
DOCKER_TOOLBOX_INSTALL_PATH = C:\Program Files\Docker Toolbox.

(Srenou) #14

looks like latest release of docker toolbox contains kitematic 0.13 that implemented a workaround so that on second start it would directly go to virtual box

(Evol) #15

hi,I have the same issue. So I want to ask how to deal it? Anybody can tell me? waitting…

(Luuductrung) #16

I am using windows 10 Education and installing Docker Toolbox, but it doesn’t work as showing in the attached image. Please help