Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Nextcloud - Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server

Hi everyone. I would need help installing Collabora Online - Built-in CODE Server in Nextcloud container. The docker-compose I used is:

version: '2'

volumes:
  nextcloud:
  db:

services:
  db:
    image: yobasystems/alpine-mariadb:latest
    command: --transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED --binlog-format=ROW
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - db:/var/lib/mysql
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=MY_ROOT_PASSWORD
      - MYSQL_PASSWORD=MY_PASSWORD
      - MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud
      - MYSQL_USER=nextcloud

app:
    image: nextcloud
    ports:
      - 8081:80
    links:
      - db
    volumes:
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA/Config/nextcloud:/var/www/html
    restart: always

But when I go to configure it collaborates it gives me this error:

If the installation from the application store fails, you can do it manually using this command:php -d memory_limit=512M occ app:install richdocumentscode

and i don’t know how to change the memory limit of php.
Please help me …

As already mentioned, on a new installation, this is done automatically, but for an existing installation, you have to do the following steps manually.

1. Install Collabora Online – Built-in CODE Server. (It has to be installed and used together with the Collabora Online app – step 2). This app provides a built-in server with all of the document editing features of Collabora Online. Easy to install, for personal use or for small teams. It is a bit slower than a standalone server and without the advanced scalability features.

Built-in Code server Collabora screenshot

1. Install the **Collabora Online **app.

2. That’s it and you can get to work! If that doesn’t happen, make sure you checked the second option “Use the built-in CODE – Collabora Online Development Edition that is a must step to make it really work!

A few important things to note
Note the following system requirements for the installation:

Linux x86-64 platform
2 CPU cores
1 GB RAM + 100 MB RAM / user
100 kbit/s network bandwidth / user
350 MB space on disk
Kernel supporting the FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) which is a requirement for AppImage
FUSE 2 (libfuse.so.2 – required by Collabora_Online.AppImage) is recommended, but the app will work without it too
Fontconfig (libfontconfig.so.1 – required by Collabora_Online.AppImage)
As already mentioned in step 1, the built-in CODE server has some limitations in terms of performance so if you choose to set up the actual Collabora Online server here is a quick installation guide on how to get started in three steps.