Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

No connection to the usb port

I am trying to get Octoprint to work in a container.
but I cannot configure my usb port on my host machine and in my container, so that communication is done correctly.
On my host machine, I have a symbolic link of /dev/bus/usb/00x/00x -> /dev/ttyACM0
I also created a Docker user and a Docker group which I made owner of /dev/bus/usb/00x/00x.
I also set her a 777 right.
In my container I added:
“devices”: [
{
“CgroupPermissions”: “rwm”,
“PathInContainer”: “/dev/ttyACM0”,
“PathOnHost”: “/dev/ttyACM0”
}
]
but I still get the error:
Unexpected error while connecting to serial port: AUTO SerialException: ‘Could not configure port: (25,’ Not a tty ‘)’ @ comm.py:_openSerial:2661 (hook default)

Do I need to map it to /dev/ttyUSB0 …
I had already tested with another container but I did not manage to make usb work either.

no solution ?! :anguished:

still no idea? :cry:

USB ports can also fail due to a loose or broken internal connection. One way to test this is to insert your USB device and then gently wiggle the connection. If it briefly connects and disconnects, then there is a physical problem with either the cable or the USB port. Prepaid Card Status

The problem is identical whatever the usb port used and for my case, I use an octoprint docker and it’s a cable which is connected to the usb port. it is to connect a 3d printer.
It is a synology system.

I have a Toshiba Portégé Z830, with Windows 7 64 bit. By default, my laptop has two 2.0 USB ports and one 3.0 USB ports. The second one is working, but the first ones are not.

When I connect a external disk, the power is transmited because the little light turns on. But I can’t access to it. Sarkari Result Pnr Status

I believe it’s because the drivers. But at the same time I can’t find any driver for it. I tried a lot with no success.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.