Random timeouts when bringing up Windows-based Apache container

Hello everyone,

I am running Docker on Windows, and even with Windows Defender Real-Time Protection disabled, Docker with three containers running is eating up quite a big amount of resources.

This might be the reason for why I am on a random basis experiencing timeout issues when trying to bring up containers. Specifically, the error message I get is the following:

ERROR: for apacheportal_container  Cannot start service portal: container 2bb661eeee68cf39abad46fc257d544f7ac50df246a8f06b903c7ebe63a6be42 encountered an error during Start: failure in a Windows system call: This operation returned because the timeout period expired. (0x5b4)

Also, occasionally, I get this error message instead when trying to bring up the container

ERROR: for apacheportal_container  Cannot create container for service portal: b'i/o timeout'

This happens even with Windows Defender Real-Time Protection disabled (as well as the Docker-relevant directories added to its exclusion list), and it happens on a random basis. I usually can “fix” this just by trying to start the container again. However, I don’t think this is an ideal solution.

Is there anything I can set up in my configuration to fix this? Or do I simply have to get a faster server? Currently, I am running Docker on an AWSEC2 Server with an Intel Xeon CPU E5-2676 v3 @ 2.4 GHz

The containers that I’m trying to run are a microsoft/sql-server-express Database container, an Apache Web Portal container running on microsoft/windowsservercore, and a container running the relevant services for our web service also on microsoft/windowsservercore. As the error messages above imply, this issue has so far exclusively occurred when trying to start the apacheportal_container,and has not affected the other two containers thus far.

Any insight and/or advice into this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Kira
=^,^=

I don’t know for sure if it fixed this issue yet since it tends to occur randomly, but I increased the value of max_execution_time in the php.ini of the apacheportal from 60 to 300, and at the very least did not get the issue again thus far. I’ll be sure to update this thread if the issue occurs again, so if this remains the last message of this thread, then this solution has obviously worked out for me.

Nope, regrettably, the b'i/o timeout-Error is still ocurring even with the increased value for max_execution_time in the php.ini of the apacheportal. And what’s more, the timeout appears after significantly less than 5 minutes from the time at which the apacheportal is started, indicating that something else might be triggering it.