Unfortunately, the system main partition is apparently gone with a disk failure.
/var is mounted elsewhere and should be still accessible, so I thought I could still recover the docker setup from
/var/lib/docker directory. I made a simulation on another machine:
- I created and launched a container
- I stopped dockerd and containerd
- I backed up
- I purged the docker installation
- I made a new fresh install of docker
- with dockerd and contained stopped I replaced the brand new
/var/lib/dockerdirectory with the previous one
- I started containerd and dockerd
docker psgave no container available (even with -a option)
- as well
docker imagesgave no images available
My understanding of docker matters is still limited, but in my condition perhaps you may understand I’m in a hurry to recover some precious data. Can I rely on what I have still available only? If that is the case, what is the proper procedure to see again the containers?
Thanks in advance!