[Solved] Docker UI Apps Ceased Working After System Upgrade

Resolution:
Seems it became mandatory to add parameter “–net=host”. At least once added it is working as before.

About a month ago I upgraded my system (archlinux) after which my (local) docker apps which require UI ceased working. During this upgrade docker got upgraded to version 1.10 (also kernel, if that matters). I was waiting a few weeks in anticipation of further upgrades to fix the issue, which is not the case. According to Google it appears I am the only one with this issue. The apps where working fine until the upgrade, e.g. below app was opening as separate window and I could work.

I could start docker apps until recently as follows:

kmymoney() {
        xhost local: > /dev/null

docker_run=kmymoney

if [ ! -z "$1" ]; then
                docker_run="$1"
        fi

docker run --rm -ti \
                -v /home/juser/tmp/dockerhome:/home/kmymoney/ \
                -v /mnt/nas/data:/home/kmymoney/data \
                -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix \
                --device=/dev/snd:/dev/snd \
                --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri:rw \
                -e DISPLAY=unix$DISPLAY \
                kmymoney:2015-08-01 $docker_run

xhost -local: > /dev/null
}

Since the system (and docker) upgrade I am getting error:

cannot connect to X server unix:0

I can still use non-UI apps and I can also start UI apps as long as they are not using X server, i.e. command line only. For example, I can start above image with

“/bin/bash” for ‘$docker_run’ instead of “kmymoney”.

Rollback is not an option as docker images got migrated. I have also rebuild the image but still same issue.

I suspect I have done something incorrectly right from the beginning which might have been tolerated by system or Docker until the upgrade. Anyone having an idea?