for our solution we have to install several tools (e.g. SQL Server) on a Windows Server 2016/2019 System. Some of the systems do not have a unrestricted internet access. I want to do the following:
- Create a Docker Image locally.
- Take this Docker Image and put into our installation package.
- Running the installation package (1.) checks if a Docker Engine is installed and (2.) puts the Docker Image into the Docker Engine.
Is this possible?
Or is the following approach better:
- Into the installation package I put my Docker File and the required files.
- Our installation package runs a script or something that invokes “Docker Run”.
- The Docker Image is created the first time at the customer.