USB access to Docker on Synology NAS

Hi,

I want to give Docker access to my USB ports on my Synology NAS.

Everywhere I see I have to add “–device /dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB1” or so to… to what? I have a Docker UI and there is no option to add something like this. I can’t find Docker config files on my NAS (are they hidden??).

There are few posts regarding Docker on Synology, so I hope someone can help me with this.

Many thanks.

Eric

I don’t have Synology NAS and it is possible that Docker on Synology does not support it. I have only heard that Docker on Synology is a modified Docker so asking on the Synology forum too could be a good idea. All I found during a quick search now is that it doesn’t work.

It can be used from the cli, as in: use ssh to open a terminal and run sudo docker run –device /dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyUSB1 ..... It will also work with docker compose. Many people use Portainer to manager their containers on their Syno boxes.

It is not supported by the UI. Furthermore, the UI tends to remove configuration elements it doesn’t support from existing containers (created from the cli/compose/portainer) when they are edited in the Syno Docker-UI.

If you are looking for friendly and commited Synology community, I can highly recommend the unofficial SynoForum.