Very slow web requests in Hyper-V

Hi,

I have 2 containers running, a php container (symfony2 application) and an nginx container. The communciation between the two works as expected and i’ve used the same docker-compose file on a linux machine.

On the linux machine the requests between the web pages are almost instant, however on my windows machine it is taking around 8 seconds to complete each web request. Using app.php instead of app_dev.php speeds it up a little to around 4 seconds, so I’m guessing its something around the number of files that are cached on each request. Does this mean the file system is slow? I’ve seen reports of the mac version being slow, but none of the windows ones.

Anyone know of any work arounds except for using vagrant.

Thanks
Kevin

Hi Kevin

Beta39 has some significant performance improvements: https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/release-notes/#/beta-39-release-notes-2017-01-26-1130-beta39

Can you give that a try and report back?

Hi,

Im on beta39, its maybe a little bit faster, around 6 seconds per request vs 8 seconds but 6 seconds is still a lot more than the almost instant request on linux.

Is it performance for hyper-v you are currently looking at?

Thanks
Kevin

I have same issue. I’m using docker, tried both Virtualbox and Hyper-v (linux containers). They are both very slow. I’m using Laravel (not Symfony) but requests are about 600ms at least for simple API application, for sites with HTML they are much slower. Have you found any workaround?

Unfortunately no I’ve just had to deal with the poor performance and I’m waiting until some improvements are made