Where Are the Docker Startup Options (Raspberry Pi Host)

This is very basic question, but I don’t know what I’m doing yet :slight_smile: All of the containers I have running are from other sources, I’ve yet to make one myself. I’m wanting to add a new volume to one of my containers.

I see tutorials online that refer to docker-compose.yaml. I installed docker on my raspberry pi4 following a guide (I’m not sure which one worked now, so I can’t point to it). I have a docker-compose.yaml file in my /opt/ directory, but I’m not really sure if that is what is being used.

How can I verify which file is being used for the options when I boot up my system?

I looked at /lib/systemd/system/docker.service, but didn’t see anything that referred to a .yaml file.

Thanks!

I can sense a lot of confusion here…

What makes you think there would be a default location for a docker-compose.yml file that results in automated deployments?

At least the initial deployment of your compose file will be a manual execution of docker-compose up -d or docker-compose -f /path/to/your/compose.yml up -d. Depending on the restart policy you declared on your services in the compose file, the containers will or will not be automaticly restarted after a reboot.

May I suggest an excellent self paced training on docker?
https://container.training/intro-selfpaced.yml.html

Your sense is correct. I’m very much in the learning phases, so starting from the basics is good. I’ll look into that guide. Thanks for the tutorial link!