Will Docker Desktop support windows 11?

I noticed that “Docker only supports Docker Desktop on Windows for those versions of Windows 10 that are still within Microsoft’s servicing timeline” in Install on Windows | Docker Documentation. I am just curious if Docker Desktop will support windows 11 in the future since windows 11 is gradually replacing windows 10.

Recently, I upgrade my system to windows 11 and find containers will unexpectedly hang forever after normally running for some time. I am not sure if it is because Docker Desktop has not supported windows 11 yet.

The documentation clearly mentions the support of Windows 11. The note that you quoted just means not all Windows 10 machines are supported.

I remember when I upgraded my Windows 10 to Windows 11 I also had problem with some applications. I don’t remember if Docker Desktop was one of those applications. I usually use Docker Desktop on Mac. You could try to reinstall Docker Desktop. If it doesn’t help, you can try to get some error messages (or you could do that before reinstalling too)

You can share that with us, but as you can notice browsing the Docker Desktop for Windows category, most of us here are using Linux or Mac, so you can also try to report it on GitHub

I missed that point and thanks for pointing it out! It is great to know Docker Desktop supports windows 11.

Unfortunately, the problem appears randomly without giving any error messages. I can only observe my codes in the container are frozen and that all containers are not responding. I have reported this problem in GitHub.