Cannot create a repository

When I click ‘Create Repository’ it just stalls (stays like the window below forever):

wondering if there’s a solution to this.

6 Likes

I am facing the same issue

4 Likes

I’m also getting the same message.

Seems there is something wrong with Docker Hub upon signing in and creating a repository

Thought i’d add some further details:

Issue Type: Authorisation / Authentication

Browser: Chrome Version 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (x86_64)

App Version: Docker Hub website

Steps to reproduce:

1. Sign up to Docker Hub
  2. Login
  3. Navigate to REPOSITORIES
  4. Click “Create Repository”
  5. You just see a spinning circle
5 Likes

Same here, tried both on Firefox and Chrome (latest versions).

Also repositories don’t work when I’m logged in. This page, for example, gives me 404 in main window, but works fine in incognito. In “Developer mode” I saw unexpected 401 on https://hub.docker.com/v2/repositories/namespaces/ with “Invalid signature” answer from API. Also other /v2/* api methods return 401 since that.

4 Likes

Hmmm - sounds like we need to wait until their software engineers notice and fix this.

3 Likes

Also, as far as I know, affected only the web version. Pull/push mechanisms are fine.

3 Likes

Ok.

Sent a support email request on our issues above and pointed them to this forum link for the detailed information.

Let’s see what happens

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue with creating a repo. I can pull from the docker cli, but when I push, it appears successful, but I don’t see it under my repositories. And I am logged in on the docker cli.
EDIT: when I say I can pull, I mean I pulled the hello-world image and it was successful.

4 Likes

Not sure that this is true. I’m seeing the same spinner on the Create Repository page. But I’m also having Kubernetes pods unable to pull a newly-created container in the organization, even though the push seems to complete fine.

2 Likes

Same issue. Tried to click the button from different servers around world… Also registered a new accound.
Didn’t work.

1 Like

Same issue…first time using docker and spent last half hour trying to figure out why the intro docker101tutorial cut and paste tutorial didn’t push the image.

1 Like

I wonder if we are all new docker hub users, and/or all Personal account users? I made my Personal account last night and saw this issue from the git go

3 Likes

Hi, the same issue on fresh, new personal account. One thing: “Account activation failed. Please close the browser window and try again later.” banner at the top of the page, strange a bit because my email has been verified. No idea hot to manage it :frowning:

4 Likes

@kowalczm666 I got that same error in the same situation. It did go away after logging out, closing/reopening browser, logging back in. But that may be indicative of something, since it feels like my account is in the upside-down from the start.

1 Like

The day has passed, nothing changed. We still have problems, we still have 401 “Invalid signature” on /v2/repositories/namespaces/ and further on /v2/*. All /v2/* queries before that problematic query are fine. “Account activation failed” banner appears sometimes since the order of http queries differs. If I press ctrl+f5, I may both see the banner or don’t see it.

3 Likes

Same issue today :frowning: first time with docker

2 Likes

FWIW I’m a new docker hub user, on personal account

2 Likes

I am setting up my personal account having the same problem. When I try to create a repository, I get the error “Account activation failed. Please close the browser window and try again later.”

1 Like

Tagging along, just created my personal account and the banner

Account activation failed. Please close the browser window and try again later.

has not gone away, even after logging out and closing all browser windows.

3 Likes

“denied: requested access to the resource is denied” - This message shows up in docker desktop if I try to click an image and use the option ‘Push to Hub’.
-I’m also new to docker following along with the tutorial, I wasted hours trying to figure out what went wrong until I found this forum. Guess we are gonna have to wait.

3 Likes