Docker desktop for macos : no space left on device

My total capacity appears to be 8GB. 3.43GB appears to be in use. But when I try to create a new image, I get an insufficient disk space error.

I saw that there are many similar topics and all of them are left unanswered. Is there no solution?

Version: 4.12.0 (85629)
Engine: 20.10.17
Compose: v2.10.2
Credential Helper: v0.6.4
Kubernetes: v1.25.0
Snyk: v1.827.0

in use

It seems you are using and old Docker Desktop. I don’t know why you have this error, but you should update to a new version unless your macOS is old as well and new Docker Desktop doesn’t support it.

My virtual disk limit is 64 GB, but I see 178MB / 17 GB used on the images tab. I don’t actually know what that 17GB is so I don’t know how correct the usage statistics on your machine is, but if the error happaned when you tried to build an image, that build process probably generated data that requires more space than you have. When the build fails, temporary containers can be removed so you will not know about it.

Thank you Akos for reply.
Yes, When I increase the disk size from 8GB to 16GB from Docker settings, I no longer get the disk error. Thanks.

I deleted a part of your last post which was not related to the original issue. Please, open a new topic for new issues so other users can find relevant topics by looking at the topic title. Also note that when the question is about the programming language only, it is better to ask a question on a forum where you can find more people using that language.