Here’s a summary of the key changes:
- It remains free for small businesses (fewer than 250 employees AND less than $10 million in revenue), personal use, education, and non-commercial open source projects.
- It requires a paid subscription for professional use in larger enterprises.
- The effective date of these terms is August 31, 2021. There is a grace period until January 31, 2022 for those that will require a paid subscription to use Docker Desktop.
- The existing Docker Free subscription has been renamed Docker Personal and we have introduced a Docker Business subscription.
- The Docker Pro, Team, and Business subscriptions include commercial use of Docker Desktop.