Docker Desktop - Windows 11 - Personal Account

Evening all, I am new to Docker. I have downloaded Docker Desktop. I am on Win 11. On opening the app, I was unable to login using my Google Account. The login button can’t be pressed. Has anyone else come across this?

Do I need to download and install WSL 2?

You say you downloaded Docker Desktop, but you don’t mention instaling it. Do you mean you downloaded and installed it and at the end it wants to to log in? Where do you see the login button? In the Desktop app or in a web browser? Can you share what you see on a screenshot?

Hi Rimelek, thanks for reaching out. So I downloaded and installed. I also downloaded and installed WSL 2. When I click on the Docker shortcut on my desktop, it does nothing. When I select Docker Desktop in the Hub I get the attached screen.

I clicked on the Docker Desktop link, and download, but it said that the most current version was installed. Are there any other settings to set?

When I went to services before, there were 4 x docker desktop running, but I just can’t see them.

I didn’t even know there was a link there to open Docker Desktop. It is possible that your browser just blocks the pupup to confirm opening Docker Desktop, but you should still be able to open it from Windows.

What does this command shows you if you run it from command line or powershell?

wsl -l -v

You could also check Windows System logs

Morning, yes so it worked last night. It was pretty straight forward. But then this morning it wouldn’t start up. I gathered these diagnostics from the fail warning. Thank you.

deploying WSL2 distributions
ensuring main distro is deployed: checking if main distro is up to date: checking main distro bootstrap version: getting main distro bootstrap version: open \wsl$\docker-desktop\etc\wsl_bootstrap_version: The network name cannot be found.
checking if isocache exists: CreateFile \wsl$\docker-desktop-data\isocache: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I started WSL, run as admin.

C:\Windows\System32>wsl -l -v
 NAME              STATE           VERSION
 * Ubuntu            Running         2
   docker-desktop    Running         2

So I reinstalled docker desktop and it worked first time. There are some other glitches with trying to do a docker build, but I will open a new chat for this.