Unable to login to Docker Desktop

I am running Docker Desktop 4.5.1 on Windows 10, and it seems to function properly. However, I’m trying to use some features that require a paid account. I have a paid account, but when I click on the “Sign in” button and login in my web browser, Docker Desktop never picks up that login. There is a button that says “Proceed to Docker Desktop” on the webpage, but the button doesn’t do anything. I can’t find any other way to authenticate Docker Desktop, either.

Any ideas? Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
Matt

1 Like

I have the same issue. The button “Proceed to Docker Desktop” in the browser doesn’t do anything. Is there any alternative way to sign in to Docker Desktop without the web redirects?..

1 Like

Oh, it seems that restart of Docker Desktop helped. I am now signed in. Full details – I switched from Linux to Windows containers, so the app closed itself…

1 Like

I am also facing the same problem. The button “Proceed to Docker Desktop” in the browser doesn’t do anything it is showing redirecting nothing is happen after that.
Has anyone has solution?

1 Like

Did you try to log in to docker via the command line? Take a look at this to see if it helps: Login to Docker Hub by command line - Stack Overflow

this worked for me. Login through cli:

docker login -u LOGIN -p PASSWORD

2 Likes

I had the same issue in Linux K-Ubuntu.
Solution:
Open terminal and run:
docker login
then input your username and press enter
then input your password and press enter

It is recommended to provide a token instead of password, but password is good enough in this case. If you are using docker desktop you shouldn’t have to type the command as sudo, but depending on your installation, if you see any problem related to permissions with this command, repeat the process as sudo

1 Like

i cant login and this is command (but login is okay when i do it from cli) but this command wont work
i even changed this

await $docker login --username ${$.env.DH_USER} --password-stdin <<< ${$.env.DH_PASS};

to

await $docker login --username ${$.env.DH_USER} --password ${$.env.DH_PASS};
but no luck, getting the same unauthorized error
my credentials and 100% correct and im using windows
can someone pls help?

Virus software was blocking the login in my case, made a profile exception and got around the issue. I hope this helps someone.

Fwiw, logging in through a command prompt worked for me, but only when using my sign up email address, not my username. Even though the docker login-command prompts for username. Go figure.

1 Like

I had faced the same issue for three days. In my case, it was because of the connected network(maybe there were some mismatched security settings). I connected to another network and tried again, and it worked.

This was it for me, although I ended up using the CLI before I found this note.
I will create a profile exception in my AV software as well.
Thanks!

I just had the same problem with proceed to docker desktop not connecting back to docker-desktop on windows. I tried chrome, firefox, then edge and edge worked. It transferred the login to docker-desktop and success.

maybe you can check the network .
telnet hub.docker.com 443

The same situation to me, when I try to do in the fedora 39 linux OS installed at amd64, but on the mac os with apple chip, it worked smoothly without any noticable problem points so far.

updating to v4.28.0 fixed the problem, using Windows 11