Docker-Machine Virtual Box Mac os

I am U-20 (Ubuntu 20)as Linux image on my macOS (Monetary) as a base for the virtual box(.6.1)

I am getting errors while creating VM

docker-machine create --driver virtualbox default

Error with pre-create check: "This computer doesn't have VT-X/AMD-v enabled. Enabling it in the BIOS is mandatory

And when i use cmd

docker-machine create --driver virtualbox  --virtualbox-no-vtx-check dockerdev
Error creating machine: Error in driver during machine creation: Error setting up host only network on machine start: /usr/bin/VBoxManage hostonlyif ipconfig vboxnet3 --ip 192.168.99.1 --netmask 255.255.255.0 failed:
VBoxManage: error: Code E_ACCESSDENIED (0x80070005) - Access denied (extended info not available)
VBoxManage: error: Context: "EnableStaticIPConfig(Bstr(pszIp).raw(), Bstr(pszNetmask).raw())" at line 242 of file VBoxManageHostonly.cpp

I created vbox dir and network.conf as it was suggested in one of the StackOverflow discussion

docker-machine is deprecated and not supported anymore (the repo is flagged as archived) and was superseded by Docker Desktop.

1 Like

Thank you, is there any way to run containers on the virtual box or any other nested virtualization, i was trying to create a development environment without cussing my MacBook, Thanks