I'm new to Docker

Hi everyone,
I am a system administrator in a software company. We are developing our program in linux platform with Postgresql, Mongodb and Visual Studio Code.

I want to learn docker and move our system into the Docker.

So i want to learn which distribution should i use ?

I am currently using centos and ubuntu in our company.
I am waiting for your advises for Docker. If you advise other than centos and ubuntu i also will try them.

Thanks.

Both of those Linux OS I have used before and will work well for you. Cent OS is more secure and challenging because of it’s read-only root file system. I have not used it since Red Hat bought Cent OS. I use Ubuntu LTS 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 on twenty of my x86 and ARM (Raspberry Pi clusters) systems and have begun to looking at Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I like Ubuntu 14.04 LTS the best but it is out of date now. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is good but there are challenges and bugs with the network changes. They now offer a way to use the old network method that has been around for 30 years and works! It looks like Ubuntu is more interested in making a phone OS or new version of windows vers a server OS. Ubuntu 18.04 LTS has the same network challenge/bugs and work around. They added a tool called snap which sucks. Snap runs to often during production and offers settings that it ignores and rests which is why it sucks. The Programmer/Architect that designed snap to ignore off should be tied to a cattle prod and shocked each time snap resets and runs. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is new this year and I only have one system I am setting up now. I always wait 4 months before testing a new OS. I mainly use Ubuntu because it runs on ARM and X86 and all cloud providers offer Ubuntu. So when I move some work into a cloud providers space I have little knowledge to pickup about the OS. I am using Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) on one Raspberry Pi mainly because I do not like the direction Ubuntu is going.
Red Hat OS has gone it’s own direction with Docker which they feel is a good stable platform but not everybody agrees. They have their own version of Docker which is different than everybody else. You will need to also learn podman, skopeo, and buildah to work with containers in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and RHEL Atomic Host.
Hope this helps.