Looks like something went wrong in step ´Looking for vboxmanage.exe´

Hi,

I am using windows 10 and tried to install DockerToolbox.

I have noticed that after installation it shows only 2 icons on desktop “Kitematic (Alpha)” and “Docker Quickstart Terminal”. It doesn’t show any icon for Virtual Box.

Also, when i double click on the “Docker Quickstart Terminal” then it asks me that “bash.exe” is missing. I provided the bash.exe path from git folder and upon again double clicking the “Docker Quickstart Terminal” icon: it opens command prompt and gives the error:

“Looks like something went wrong in step ´Looking for vboxmanage.exe´… Press any key to continue…”

Any help on this, thanks.

Regards.

Hi

I also ran into the same problem on windows 10 and ran into “Looks like something went wrong in step ´Looking for vboxmanage.exe´… Press any key to continue…”

On my side it seems a system variable was not set. I had to manually set system variable
“VBOX_MSI_INSTALL_PATH” to “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox”.

This allowed me to progress further when I started up Docker Quickstart Terminal.

After this, Docker QuickStart Terminal was stuck on ‘Waiting for an IP…’ for quite awhile before saying that that it could not create and connect to virtual network adapter from virtual box. It seems the Docker Toolbox installer did not install virtual box correctly, or atleast it installed virtual box, but without the permission for it to create a virtual netword adapter.

Uninstalling the VirtualBox that came with the Docker Toolbox installer and then downloading and installing VirtualBox from VirtualBox’s official site seems to have fixed the issue. I think all these issues stemmed from VirtualBox not installing correctly