Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

None of the commands seem to work on one of my MACs

beta
docker

(Virtuman) #1

Expected behavior

when I run docker run or pull it should pull an image from registry, neither of the commands is working

Actual behavior

none of the commands that supposed to retrieve the images from internet seem to work. I tried to erase all and re-install docker beta for mac many times, upgraded, downgraded versions, nothings seems to work, it just sits idle for a while and then it always gives up with a message like this:

$ docker pull centos
Using default tag: latest
Pulling repository docker.io/library/centos
Network timed out while trying to connect to https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/library/centos/images. You may want to check your internet connection or if you are behind a proxy.

I used to have docker with VM before the Mac Beta came out. maybe some of the settings are conflicting with Mac Beta version?

Information

  • the output of:

    • Moby Menu > Diagnose & Feedback on OSX

    Docker for Mac: version: mac-v1.12.0-beta16.2
    OS X: version 10.11.6 (build: 15G12a)
    logs: /tmp/20160623-193223.tar.gz
    failure: No error was detected
    [OK] docker-cli
    [OK] app
    [OK] menubar
    [OK] virtualization
    [OK] system
    [OK] osxfs
    [OK] db
    [OK] slirp
    [OK] moby-console
    [OK] logs
    [OK] vmnetd
    [OK] env
    [OK] moby
    [OK] driver.amd64-linux

  • a reproducible case if this is a bug, Dockerfiles FTW
    any image, i tried centos busybox alpine custom images

  • page URL if this is a docs issue or the name of a man page

  • host distribution and version ( OSX 10.10.x, OSX 10.11.x, Windows, etc )
    OSX 10.11.6 (beta)

Steps to reproduce the behavior

seems like it may be specific to this particular machine, i have 5 macs, running same stack of apps, all have os x el capitan on them. All macs are on the same network. Only 1 of them doesn’t work and I cannot pin-point what the issue may be


(Virtuman) #2

Just found a solution:

  • had to remove custom DNS entry, and replaced it with Google DNS.

and to reference the solution: