Possible to download a version of Docker that's compatible with macos 10.14.x?

Hello everyone, I’m very interested in learning about docker and trying it out; unfortunately, my workhorse computer at home is a Mac Pro 5,1, which can not be upgraded past macos 10.14.

I understand that Docker is no longer supported on 10.14, and in my research it looks like Docker for Mac v 4.6.0 is the last version to run on 10.14. Unfortunately, from what I can see, the previous versions available to download from the Release Notes docs don’t go that far back.

Does anyone know if it’s still possible to download Docker for Mac v4.6.0?

Thank you so much for your help.

You need Docker images for docker containers and new images might not be compatible with old Docker versions in old Docker Desktops.It is also possible that some API endpoints will not in old Docker Desktops so I wouldn’t recommend using an old Docker Desktop.

With that in mind, you can still try to find out the build number of the specific version (current desktops show it in the about window)

and use it in the download link:

https://desktop.docker.com/mac/main/amd64/131620/Docker.dmg

This is the link I copied from the release page for the Mac with the Intel chip (Docker Desktop v4.26.1). I’m not sure if those versions are there, but based on the following discussions, it seems they are indeed available:

Read the comments as well.

Thank you very much for the links! I will dig through them to try to find the version I’m looking for. Thanks again.