Turning off Docker Desktop status window update

Hi

Is it possible to turn off the Status window update for containers running on Docker Desktop? Continuous [C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /d /s /c ““docker” stats --all --no-trunc --no-stream --format “{{ json .}}””] It calculates status values by running . But most of the time the same 3-4 commands work. And this is an unnecessary effort for the computer. Is there any way to turn this feature off? If necessary, I can already access this value from the command line.

Thank you for your help.

Do you think it is updating even when you don’t open that window? That wouldn’t make sense to me, but I can’t confirm the opposite, it just sounds logical.

Hi Rimelek

Yes. Status commands work even if the screen is off. For example, currently Docker Desktop is completely closed. There is only an icon in the icon tray. But these commands always run. And as seen in the screenshot, the same command was run 4 times. It would be great if there is a way to turn this off.

Having that command executed in a cmd on Windows also doesn’t make sense. Sorry, but I possibly can’t fully understand the screenshot. Are ou absolutely sure that command was created by Docker Desktop? Since Linux containers run in a virtual machine, Docker Desktop wouldn’t need to run the stats on the host. It would just use the Docker API directly and get the response in json for example (I realized docker stats can return a json too). Even in case of Windows containers, I would think there would be a better way to get the stats. I checked Docker Desktop on my macOS and there os no docker stats process on my host.

It is possible it is required only on Windows, but I think it is strange

The information is completely correct. The CMD command runs at intervals of about 5 seconds. It doesn’t work in any other application. Only Docker Desktop is running.

Does it use too many resources on the host not just in the virtual machine of Docker Desktop? If you think it shouldn’t work like this, you can report it on GitHub

Ok. I will report it on Github. Thank you very much for your help.

I reported on Github. I hope they find a solution.

https://github.com/docker/for-win/issues/13967