Unable to start docker-machine with virtualbox - virtuallzation enabled already

I have been unable to start docker-machine with virtualbox driver. I keep getting the following while working on the docker-machine portion of the self-paced tutorial. I got similar errors with the docker-machine create command. I’ve explicitly enable the virtualization and everything else on my Lenovo T60P laptop with 3GB RAMd and Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty, . Would anyone please share some insight?

erdbeer:~$ docker-machine start testhost
Starting “testhost”…
(testhost) Check network to re-create if needed…
Unable to start the VM: /usr/bin/VBoxManage startvm testhost --type headless failed:
VBoxManage: error: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED)
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole

Details: 00:00:00.444903 Power up failed (vrc=VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED, rc=NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0X80004005))

error: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes

Does the Lenovo support harware virtualization. If not known use a tool such as Intel Processor Identification Utility or find from the .Intel Virtualization Technology list.
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005486.html

Resolved.

After I enabled the Intel Virtualization Technology in the Bios, but disabled the multi-core processing. the docker-machine create command ran to completion, and the docker machine started with no more error as before.

I couldn’t imagine with Docker, my old laptop can do so much now :slight_smile:

thanks much,
Ben