Afraid for the Future of Swarm

I sympathize with your situation. However, this could’ve been avoided if people didn’t use the container technology as something equivalent to a full virtual machine.

For me I try to limit any production usage of Docker clusters (Swarm/K8S) to what Java EE application servers like WebSphere used to do which is to host the application. I also look at Docker containers as ephemeral and simply an isolated area to run my application service component without the full cost of a VM.

Perhaps you may want to rethink your architecture and your business scope. Is your primary business scope to build an application that people use so you can make money or not. Is the infrastructure purity (i.e. container everything) significantly more important than delivering a product?

FYI I am not a Docker developer, though as Abraham Maslow said in 1966, “I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.” seems to apply to a lot of issues I see with the whole container based architecture, just remember there were many other technologies before containers and they are still valid.