Docker failed to initialize Docker-Desktop 4.16.1

Hi,

OS Windows 11 21H2 OS Build 2000.1455
Docker 4.16.1

I have created a MSI file which executes a PowerShell script by using a bat file. PowerShell script enables wsl and Virtual Machine features. Download and installs Linux kernel update package and docker-desktop. After system reboot, we invoke docker desktop by using

& C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Docker Desktop.exe

Docker desktop starts and powershell script executes docker compose up -d command to configure a web application. it works fine on my

system with OS Windows 11 21H2 OS Build 2000.1455.

But on client’s system with OS Windows 11 21H2 OS Build 2000.1455, See image attached.

Docker desktop starts and then it shows “Docker Failed to Initialize” message with description

“Could not load file or assembly ‘Nlog version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5120e14c03d0593c’ or one of its dependencies. The system can not find the file specified.”

I searched and i am unable to find this error in context of docker(it is available for c#). Can somebody help me to replicate this issue or provide me a solution for the same?

Please let me know if you have any questions?

Thanks!

docker_error

I have a similar issue on my own laptop, but unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce it in a different environment. I have tried a lot of things to fix this issue but without success. In my case the error is on System.Runtime instead of NLog: