Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Docker pull results in getsockopt: connection refused

(Jesse Adametz) #1

Expected behavior

Note: this output is retrieved from a docker-machine virtualbox on my laptop

{03:55 PM}~/Development ➭ docker pull hello-world
Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from library/hello-world

Digest: sha256:af451bc5c4d6e87b64303f707f7bd98debd7fd3175a676c08f4bf46cb48813d4

Actual behavior

Note: this output is retrieved from Docker for Mac on my laptop

{03:52 PM}~/Development ➭ docker pull hello-world
Using default tag: latest
Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/library/hello-world/manifests/latest: Get https://auth.docker.io/token?scope=repository%3Alibrary%2Fhello-world%3Apull&service=registry.docker.io: dial tcp: lookup auth.docker.io on 192.168.65.1:53: dial tcp 192.168.65.1:53: getsockopt: connection refused

Information

Docker for Mac: version: mac-v1.12.0-beta17
OS X: version 10.11.5 (build: 15F34)
logs: /tmp/20160630-155811.tar.gz
[OK] docker-cli
[OK] app
[OK] menubar
[OK] virtualization
[OK] system
[OK] osxfs
[OK] db
[OK] slirp
[OK] moby-console
[OK] logs
[OK] vmnetd
[OK] env
[OK] moby
[OK] driver.amd64-linux

Diagnostic ID: ACD8C9C3-C447-4E58-8BCE-88C06112FA97

Steps to reproduce the behavior

1. docker pull hello-world

Additional notes

This all worked as expected as recent as yesterday. While the issue occurs on my normal office wifi, it does not happen when I tether from my phone (as an example of another readily available network that I had). Other coworkers on the same office wifi are not experiencing this issue.

Docker run hello-world results in an i/o timeout
(Jesse Adametz) #2

Additional note: Everything seems to be fine on a different wifi network. I’m unsure what to track down as the problem with my work network (again, other co-workers don’t have this issue).

Is anyone able to tell me based on the uploaded diagnostic what I should look at? Thanks!

(Andreblum) #3

Same problem here. And thanks for the suggestion to try tethered mobile network. That works and is a good data point.
Additional info:
The WiFi and ethernet networks I can connect to both use 172.16.0.0/16 as network, and the 172.17.0.0/16 network is defined on our network, too. Docker chooses 172.17.0.0/16 as the network address range, which conflicts with that. On other docker engines on our network, I have to use the --bip option to pick another range. I have not found a way to do that with Docker for Mac.

(Jesse Adametz) #4

The issue seems to have resolved itself for me overnight.

@docker: If there’s anything I can do on my end to help you guys track this down, just let me know.

(Jesse Adametz) #5

Just kidding. After a few hours it seems to have suddenly resurfaced.

(Jordan Beauchamp) #6

Had the same issue. Restarting the docker registry host network interface and its daemon service seemed to resolve it.

(Rafael Eyng) #7

Same here. Tried restarting the docker registry and didn’t work.

(John612) #8

I am having the same issue. I can run commands except I am unable to do a pull