Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Impossible to user content from my local drive on windows

Hello,

I have tried for the past days to install and use dockers on windows 10 (home). After many efforts to install and make it works ( for unknown reasons, i need to install it at each start of windows , after that it doesnt work anymore …)

my main problem is when i do that :

docker run -v c:/test:/var/www/html -p 80:80 lavoweb/php-7.2

I have this message in my logs :
Warning : Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

I guess docker cannot read corredtly my test directory, but i don’t know what to do, in the last version there is no “share drive option” and as far as i have searched ( not well i guess :slight_smile: ) i didn’t find anything.

I am , for the moment, just looking to create a simple dev env with my local source files.

Thx !

Open Microsoft Management Console by selecting Start , typing mmc into the search box, and then pressing Enter. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, select Local Users and Groups.

If you don’t see Local Users and Groups, it’s probably because that snap-in hasn’t been added to Microsoft Management Console. Follow these steps to install it:
In Microsoft Management Console, select the File menu, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
Select Local Users and Groups, and then select Add.
Select Local computer, click Finish, and then select OK.
Select the Users folder.
Select the Action menu, and then select New User.
Type the appropriate information in the dialog box, and then select Create.
When you are finished creating user accounts, select Close.
Restart the PC.