Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Installing Docker on Windows 10 Home

My steps:

1. To install HyperV on Windows Home I used @hessi9 bat commands
  2. To install Docker on Windows Home without having to install a 3rd party product I used @mapk tip (change registry instead of editing installer).

Additional Info: It was necessary only to change the following registry key:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EditionID which in my case were CoreSingleVersion.

Cheers and thank you all.

Thank you so much @hessi9 and @mapk! I have consolidated this thread into a Gist

1 Like

i don’t know if this is still an issue for you, but i just had the same problem.

using windows containers (@installation) instead of linux solved the problem for me

Hey guys,
I am having an issue with installing the Hyper-V components… the script is looping forever (it seems finished 100% but I need to close the powershell window to stop it).
I did try to install Docker with checking / unchecking boxes, got to install it, but there was an error at launch again.
Any ideas,
Thanks!

You cannot install Docker for Windows on Windows 10 Home according to the documentation. System Requirements: Windows 10 64bit: Pro, Enterprise or Education (1607 Anniversary Update, Build 14393 or later). … Install a Linux virtual machine (VM) on our Windows OS, and then Install Docker Community on the VM.